Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My mouse pad scroll function won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceRing

Vendor
Jan 13, 2012
US
I have an HP Notebook G470 PC with Windows 7. I have lost the ability to scroll when i use the scroll bar function. this happens intermittently and is very aggravating. I use Synaptics and have checked all the settings and they look fine. Any Suggestions?
Thank You.

Install a temporary conventional USB mouse and use it to remove and re-install the mouse pad drivers. See the device manager.

Dave.

... Are you unable to use the touchpad at all? If so, then you probably accidentally pressed the button (or key combination) to enable/disable your touchpad.

According to the manual found here:

Note:
You can enable/disable the touchpad using Fn+F6.

Have you tried checking that?

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Thank you. Yes my touchpad works fine, just not the scroll bar. I do know how to enable/disable with the button above the mousepad.

I am using a wireless mouse now for the scroll function only but will try to work on the drivers....again.

If you can access the settings for your touchpad, driver-provided settings, then you may want to look at the palm-check settings, and you should also find settings related to scrolling. If the touchpad driver supports multitouch operations, then it could be that you need to use 2 fingers to scroll rather than one. I know one laptop I currently have is setup that way. It's nice at times, and annoying at others. [smile]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back