Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Lucent V.92 56k Internal modem won`t connect under win XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokamak

Technical User
May 9, 2003
AR
Hi there , everyone. I know there`re a lot of threads related to Lucent modem/win xp problems , but...considering i didn`t read someone has the same problem as i, i`ll post it. First of all i`ve :

Asus A7N 266-VM, Amd XP 2000 , Win XP pro ( with SP1) and the Lucent V.92 56k Internal Modem. Ok first of all when a i first installed the original modem`s driver , windows told me it was not digitally signed and bla bla bla , nevermind i did it. when i start a connection the modem DO dial , i can hear it , and i can hear the first comon noises of the "handshake ?" process ... , but in the middle of this process it hangs, i mean ...after some seconds of handshaking the last noise i hear hangs for a while and then the comunication drops. I`ve already tried a lot of drivers with no success ( the 8.22,8.24,8.28,and the originals the modem came with. ) . Just for extra info if i click on diagnosis , i get this important? info:

ATI3 Agere SoftModem Version 2.1.9
ATI5 2.1.9 ,PCI,Perseus,19

I will thank a lot any help you can give me.

In the extra settings box, under Advanced, modem properties, device mangler, put: +MS=V90,1
If your ISP is not V.92 compliant, you need to tell the modem to NOT use V.92 protocalls.

Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back