Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My jpg's in Word docs are all blurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigella

Programmer
May 9, 2002
GB
I'm currently insering jpgs into a Word document as a journal, unfortunately although the originals are quite sharp in full size when they are entered in to the text box they're just all blurry.

I've tried hightlighting individual jpgs, going into format picture, going into 'compression' and unchecking the 'compress pictures' box, OK > OK. But it does nothing and when I go back into to format picture the compress picture boxes are once more checked. I did try going into Format to see if I could do something which altered compression in the document generally but I ran up against the same problem.

This seems to be happening on both scanned in jpgs and those from my digital camera, I do however remember when I started this journal only using scanned photos this did not occur. Larger file sizes are not a problem in this case and incidentally this has also happened with a bmp that I did in Paint and inserted into the document.

Any ideas?

It all depends on how you are inserting your Jpegs.

First, I am just curious, why are you inserting it in a textbox?

Anyway, it's quite common for pics to be blurry. You have to try different ways. Try going to Insert, Picture, from file. Also, Insert, Object, Microsoft Photo. Also, you can open the JPG file and copy it and paste it using paste special and try varoius options in the dialog box. One is bound to be better than the other.

If I remember it right, Device Independent Bitmap gives you the best results. Please remember, Device Independent Bitmaps use up a lot of memory.

HTH

Indu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back