Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

my img tag doesn't work in this xml string...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubychyld

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
US
Here is what my image tag looks like in xml. I've tried using < > and &lt; &gt; and I still don't get my img tag to be displayed.

What is the right way to do this please?

Liz

- <Claims>
- <Record>
- <MenuItem>
<Display>< img src=&quot;/applications/library/icons/o.gif&quot; />0000695-4J loss: 05-27-94</Display>
<URL>frmclaim.asp?KeyVal=FMH100000 00000695-4J</URL>
</MenuItem>
- <MenuItem>
<Display>No Settlement Posted</Display>
<URL>frmnodata.asp?Title=Settlement Summary</URL>
</MenuItem>
</Record>
</Claims>
Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

Liz

There is a space before the img but when this has gone you get a normal xml collapsing thing.

The display element holds both data and child elements. Presumably you are not using a schema ot dtd?

Myself I hold img's as for example;

<menuitem pagename=&quot;HOME&quot; menugraphic=&quot;home.gif&quot; menutext=&quot;Home&quot;>
some other stuff
</menuitem>

and then simply transform into html using xsl

Can you explain further what you want to happen?

Nigel

< img src=&quot;/applications/library/icons/o.gif&quot; />

Why do you have the &quot;/&quot; before &quot;applications&quot;? If applications is a sub-directory of the home of the current page, you do not need the &quot;/&quot;. You can just call it as &quot;applications/library....&quot;. If you have all of your images in one directory off of root, and all of your pages in another directory off of root, then you would need to call the image as &quot;../applications/...&quot;. You don't mention which parser you are using, or if this is being generated on the fly, but I still would look at your path to the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back