Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Hp officejet doesnt copy, scan nor send faxes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesa

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
US
does anybody know why my officejet is not copying, scanning or sending faxes?? it was working ok few days ago. It continues receiving faxes and printing files from my pc. I think it may be something about the scanning process, because when you need to copy the machine needs to read the page in order to make the copy, the same for scanning or sending a fax... when copying and scanning only white pages come out and when sending faxes it is only sending white pages...
thanks in advance for any tip
Tesa

Can you scan a document into your computer?

If not, try reinstalling the scanner software. Like you suspected the other functions rely on the scanner to work.

If you still can't get the scanner to work, you will probably have to pay a visit to your local HP repair shop.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

John

If you are getting white pages when attempting to scan/copy then your reader isn't working. Have you tried unplugging the power to the unit for 10 minutes and then plugging it back in? This will reset the officejet and possibly help.

Hi, I have turned it off for a while (unplugged) and it doesnt work... and tried to scan into the computer and it doesnt work either... I think that the part of the printer that reads is messed up...
thank you anyway
Tesa

It sounds like you might need to seek a qualified HP repair center. :-(

I've seen that problem before. Sadly the printer had to be taken to get an estimate for repair and the cost of repair was going to be about the same as a brand new printer. Hopefully your's is still under warranty. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back