Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Hp officejet doesnt copy, scan nor send faxes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesa

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
US
does anybody know why my officejet is not copying, scanning or sending faxes?? it was working ok few days ago. It continues receiving faxes and printing files from my pc. I think it may be something about the scanning process, because when you need to copy the machine needs to read the page in order to make the copy, the same for scanning or sending a fax... when copying and scanning only white pages come out and when sending faxes it is only sending white pages...
thanks in advance for any tip
Tesa

yuo thats the scanner did the light(the scanner light) go out that would a good start lose cable which office jet gunthnp
Have you ever woken up and realized you where not alive.

hi, I checked the scanner light and it is on when it is "reading" the page as it slides... that is why I am still confused...
I will try to re-install the software for the hp officejet...
I will tell you what happens next... thanks

I think I have a similar problem; when I need a scan, the light is on, but the scan device which moves normally across the surface makes only one or two little steps; you hear little 'clicks'. After that, the device is blocked.

I brought the complete device back to the shop with this problem, for repair. But when it was there, the problem had disappeared. Perhaps some shaking or little shocks during the transport solved the problem. After that, it worked OK for about three weeks. And now, I have the problem again and wonder what to do.

Does anybody know a solution?

I have decided to use the hp officejet as a printer and to receive faxes, and when I need to send faxes I am using my fax modem and I do it through the computer. i dont know what else to do.

I had to uninstall windows because of a virus. I have reinstalled windows and am having problems reinstalling my Deskjet 882c. I was told that I needed drivers, so I downloaded DJ819EN and it told me I had installed everything and I could do a test page, which may take a couple of minutes, but it took a couple of seconds, and then I got the message that I was out of paper, which I was not. I called Dell and they walked me through the process and I seen the extract and install go across my screen. It worked before and I really need it for my job. I would really appreciate your help in this matter. I am working on Windows 98.

Thank you,

mltolson@rconnect.com

Folks,
I'm using a HP OfficeJet 1170C w/Win2K and also w/WinME and Win98 on different partitions. I have no probs w/ME or 98, but Win2K requires reloding the print driver after a reboot. Make sure you are using the correct drivers for your operating system (printing, scanning,faxing are 3 different drivers though they may be downloaded as one file from and that the port is configured as ECP. To ensure the right driver is loaded Right click on my computer and select properties. Click the Hardware tab then Device Manager. Click the + at Ports (COM & LPT). Right click ECP Printer Port(LPT1) to bring up the properties for that device. Click on the driver tab then click update driver to receive the latest driver from Microsoft. You probably already have it installed, but this refreshes the port. Hope this helps ;-).

In my case, I had a telefone contact to HP service; They say it is a hardware problem, and the PSC950 will be repaired or replaced in the next days or weeks. I wait for that.

re:1175Cxi

Will the fix mentioned above with the 1170 work with Win XP?

I find it amazing that HP sez they're not supporting this series during the transition to XP.

Looks like HP is now posting some instructions on drivers for their printers under Win XP. Of course, some of the features like "scan to fax" may or may not work under the new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back