Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

my formula text box in formula editor is fu'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dummie2

MIS
Mar 28, 2000
US
I don't know what I did to the formula text box, but when I opened CR up and tried to apply a formula in the editor and dblclcked the fields I wanted, they didn't display in the text box.  So I tried frantically toggling the 'report fields' functions' and 'operators' boxes or docking them because I didn't know what I was doing.  2/3rds of the text area is gray, the other 1/3rd is white space with a black vertical line. In the gray part Is a huge blue circle that I can toggle on or off, but the gray part stays.  I tried shutting CR off and reopening several times, but everytime I try to work with it, it still comes up with the same layout. How do I get the formula text editor back to where it is displaying the text when I'm applying formulas from the functions and operators and report fields boxes?

Not entirely sure what you mean.&nbsp;&nbsp;BUt anyway...<br><br>First, double click to insert a field won't do much.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Click a field once to select it from the list and then click the position on the report you want to place the field.<br><br>If it's greyed out - it's hidden.&nbsp;&nbsp;Right mouse click on the Group label on the left and select, Unhide.<br><br>Sorry if this isn't relevant - just not entirely what you're prob is so I'm taking a stab in the dark..<br><br>Kristen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back