Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My form won't show old records that are in the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

GICodeWarrior

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
US
I have a pretty complex order form. It has basic order info on top with two tab controls on the bottom. One has each the customer and products form. The other has the Products ordered and Payments each on a tab too. I thought that it might be because there is no relationship between the Products and Customers forms and the orders. But then I also thought that is might be because there are tab controls and the one tab control has two forms that both relate to the orders. I have the entire form doctored up with macros to keep inventory calculate prices and open other forms on double click of a particular field.
Please help,
Code Warrior Burchfield

I write code. See code run. Run code run.

Basic Questions.

Have you checked the "Data Entry" property of the form(s)? If it is set to "Yes", the form will always open to a new blank record, because it assumes you want to make a new entry. Reset this property to "No".

Are the Customer, Products, Products ordered and payments forms set up as subforms to the main form? Have you set the links to your Child Fields and Master fields correctly?

I made sure that the fields are linked correctly, and it is not that it opens to a new record which is what I want it to do but the other records are not accessable(ex. there are 5 records and it says that there is only one at the bottom) Code Warrior Burchfield

I write code. See code run. Run code run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back