Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My font gets bigger when I print!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbjohn

Programmer
Aug 23, 2001
US
When I run a report and it comes up on the screen, everything looks fine. But when I print it off on the printer, my font gets bigger. Has this ever happend to anyone? Before it worked fine and now it does not. I have the font to ARIAL size 9.

Here are some other questions that other people have been asking.....

What version of Crystal Reports?
->Crystal Reports 8.5 Professional.

Are you using the most up-to-date print driver?
->Yes.

Are you printing directly from Crystal Reports or from Crystal Enterprise or an application?
(If not from Crystal Reports, do you get the same result when printing directly from Crystal Reports?)
->Directly from Crystal.
->"Before it worked fine and now it does not."

John-

Are you using a truetype Arial font ? (Truetype fonts are "scalable" and can be used at any size, while older fonts were specific sizes. The TT symbol should be visible in the font window when you click the little downwards pointing arrow by it, if it is a truetype font)

Can your printer cope with truetype fonts ? (Older printers cannot always and use the nearest similar font, which may not match at all or, if the printer only has 10pt Arial, that will be used.)

What has changed between when it used to work and now ?

I am not sure... but now it works fine this morning after I shut down the printer and restarted it.

hmmmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back