Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My first TVS50 Install 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance2

Vendor
Nov 2, 2003
US
And it went well except for a few things. It is connected to a panasonic kx-ta624 with vm on ports 15 /16. I have 2 custom service menu set up, one for day mode and one for night. They seem to work properly except the default voice of the voicemail comes on before the service menu recorded message.example; "good morning/afternoon welcome to the voice processing system" and then the message thank you for calling company ABC. can I get her greeting off so its just the custom recording? 2nd question. while doing a "save" in utility mode my laptop flaked and all I got was garbage on the screen, then the prompt "15 unsuccessfull attempts to enter admin password admin is locked" how can I unlock the password ? Thanks in advance for any help.

find list of modifiable prompts I actually have the customer rerecord them in there own voice.2 Find the
prompt that says you have reached the voice processing
system and rerecord it with exp you have reached
the abc company...

ok thanks for the directions. Where is the system prompt located ? Also if I understand correctly, re record system prompt with thank you for calling abc company, then in custom start message with specific day / nite message without rerecording part of thank you for calling abc company. And lastly, any help with being locked out from system admin. Thanks for your reply

You need to turn off prompts or re-record prompt number 248-249-250 & 819. You can use prompt 819 as your commpy Greeting.

Have fun

Al

Thanks BTBZ, appreciate the the help and directions.

Thanks again for the prompt numbers. It seems like I can disable the prompts but even when disabled when vm answers with the custom service programing there seems to be a pause like it checks the prompt then plays the one prompt and then the the custom service message ( day/nite ). Is there a way to program vm that it only plays the custom service prompt and not 248/249/250/819 ? Basicaly the customer only wants one message to answer in days and nights. Thanks in addvance for the help

thats why i said record over instead of turningprompts off!

I did record over like you said. but thats where after the rerecorded prompt says welcome to ABC company (pause ) the day or night custom service message come on. The customer asked if there is any way to get rid of that pause and I said no but just wanted to verify.

The delay is not as long/noticeable if you turn off 819 instead of recording over it.

Thanks, thats what I thought but just wanted to verify

also UTILITY COMMAND wcid should =0 IF YOU ARE NOT USING
CALLER id!!

I am also having this same issue... does anyone here know where to turn off prompts 248/249/250/819? Is this done in the TVS50 or in the PBX. I am using a KX-TD1232? Any advice would much appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

mxtreme311, On Voice mail
Dial in to message managers Mailbox (default 998)
and listen to the System Prompts to take you thru how to modify them
Read the manual First!!

Hi
When you are modifing the prompts you press 3 to disable them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back