Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My dynamic streams are not being dynamic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanky

Programmer
Jul 17, 2001
US
This is quite odd.

I have 2 SCO 5.0.5b servers. About 3 months ago they both began to have the same problem. It was a Warning that I found the cure for on the SCO site. It called for updating the driver for the NIC card. I did that and the warnings went away.

What's happening is that the streams memory keeps rising. I have upped the NSTRPAGES to the max to give a little room, but I have to check the machines and reboot weekly. Once it runs out of streams memory, everyone on the network is locked out.

I have a script checking netstat every half hour, and there is a little bit of memory that is given back to the system from time to time, but each day, the memory used goes up by about 1000.

My TCP/IP version is 2.1.1b. I thought maybe we need to get the latest version of UNIX, which I think is 5.0.5f or 5.0.6 I don't know.

These machines used to run for months without a reboot.

Any ideas? Could the NIC card driver being causing the problem? It's an Intel PRO100b built into the motherboard of these ALR/Gateway servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back