Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Documents Synchronisation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojosh

MIS
May 10, 2006
NG
Hi All,

I run Windows 2003 Active Dir Services and implememnted folder redirection to redirect "My Documents" and use offline files and folder feature to syncronize "My Documents" to the file server for all the users in the domain.

After some weeks, some of my users started having this error message when they log on/off their system. The error message is:

Offline files (\\fileserver\sharedfolder on fileserver): Access to "data" is denied from \\fileserver\sharedfolder\anotherusers\My Documents\anotherusersdata.

I think this error occurs when the system tends to synchronize another user's data on the file server.

What do I do resolve this problem.

Thanks

Hi All,

Can somebody help me solve this problem.

Please help, this problem is messing up my job.

Thanks

Check your offline folder settings and make sure you aren't trying to synch the whole shared folder. User1 will not be able to synch User2's files if he doesn't have access.

Can you let us know where exactly you redirected My Documents to and what the folder hierarchy is.

Also, since you are using offline files, I'm assuming these are laptop users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back