Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Document File Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjanalyst

MIS
Aug 25, 2006
CA
Found out something interesting about Manager Lite/Pro/IPPhone today.

The files used for setting etc are located in the
c:\documents and setting\<user>\My Documents\Avaya\ip 400\manager\ Directory. That is fine but you cannot cnage this location as far as I can see.

We have a wide area network that allows roaming office users to connect to the network and locate thier my documents on a central server. Thus the my docs are changed to be for instance a network drive.

Thus over slow connections or VPN connections or pptp connections or ipsec connections especially between different isp's in this type of config you will experience the following issues.

Phone manager will not connect to the IPO or it will connect but nothing happens. Wierd behaviour within the application starts and it seems to be ip related but in actual fact it is the process of retrieving the files from the server that houses the my docs that is creating the problem.

Just Fyi.

Yes that would make sense if you don't have it setup where the "My Documents" folder has a cached then it would not have settings for phone manager if it has issues connecting.

This could be solved if the "My Documents" folder was redirected using a group policy, it can be setup so offline there is a seperate copy locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back