Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Document closes by itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balwant

Technical User
Jul 16, 2001
IN
Sometimes when I try to open my Quark Document, a message window appears on screen. Saying something like :

"This document uses fonts not installed on your system, and are listed in the window. If no fonts are listed (That was the case with me), then check your preferences."

Then the document closes by itself.
Although sometimes I can open the same document, without any pop-up windows.
I even tried deleting Quark's Xpress preferences. Even that not worked.

Can anybody help?

Check the fonts you think you need for the file. Ensure they are activated in ATM or Suitcase.

Bin the preference file / put it on your desktop.

Rebuild the desktop if you are on a Mac.

Open Quark first. Pick a tool palette like colours and stretch it to cover the whole screen. Open the document. Make the tool palette smaller. If Quark blows you have a dodgy picture, font or frame. If not it has cured your problem.

As a workaround you can try this. When the document is opened in QuarkXPress, select "Utilities->Usage->Fonts tab"
and replace all the fonts used in ur document with some other font and save it. Now see if the same problem appears . If it does not perists then there is some problem with those fonts. U can just reinstall them....

I hope this is helpful [pc2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back