Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My database doesn't ask for a logon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwin001

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2006
US
Has anyone had the following problem? I built a database application, and placed it on a server. I secured it through access using the wizard. I also set up approximately 7 users spread throughout the US. Each time any of the 7 users access the database the program doesn't request a user logon. When I attempt to access the database from the same server, if functions as designed. It requires me to provide a logon and password. One additional problem from my is the following. It seems after a few days or so, when I open the database , the application doesn't request the logon and password anymore. I have to reset the security.mdw file. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

When you set up the security, did you take out the admin account? You need to create a new account and rename it to something else, give it admin rights and then delete the default admin account.

By default, everyone is given admin rights, that is why you have to create a new admin account and delete the one called 'admin'.

Hope that helps.

Actually I need to qualify that. If you are just creating a login, this would not apply, it only applies if you are setting up a whole security package and assigning people to groups or rolls, etc.

Thanks. Actually, If I'm not mistaken, I'm attempting to setup the whole security package. I'm assigning members to different groups based on the assigned permissions. Therefore, your solution sounds like its the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back