Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Data Access Page is read-only...how do i turn that off?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
US
I just created a data access page in Access 2002 and i've tried repeatedly to email it to other employees on my company's mail server. However, it is "read-only" and i have no clue how to take it off! Basically, i just need to email the page to other employees, have them fill out the fields, and then have them email it back to me so i can import it into Access to make Reports. Unfortunately, since it is "read-only", the fields are locked. If anyone knows what i'm doing wrong, then by all means please tell me! thanks for reading this post and i welcome any advice!

shady7793,

You really need to first take advantage of Access' great help system:
The following is directly from help (by typing in "read only Access Page")

" To specify whether a data access page opens for data entry:

Open the data access page in Design view.
On the Edit menu, click Select Page.
Click Properties on the toolbar. Microsoft Access displays the page properties in the property sheet.
Set the DataEntry property to True.

When you open the data access page in Page view or in Internet Explorer, the page will display a new blank form to be filled in by the user."

"It's got to be the going,
not the getting there that's good!"
-Harry Chapin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back