Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My corba client is not connecting to the server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohanty

Programmer
Mar 27, 2000
US
Hello all<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am just new into CORBA stuff .<br>I had a problem . I have a client which looks for a server&nbsp;&nbsp;but it couldn't bind to it though the particular class is there in the server . Is the way we compile our IDLs plays a role in binding the client with the server .<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Any clues then please come forward .<br>Abhijeet

Hi Mohanty,<br><br>I've have only recently started with CORBA, but I'll try help..<br><br>Have you checked the Server Class is running on the server you are trying to bind to? Have you ran the putitj command for your new server object?<br><br> <p>Cal<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi cal<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;i have registered he server with the putit command . But then the bind call fails . <br>&nbsp;<br>What i doubt is during run time the corba uses the interface repository to search for the server . Is that the problem with the repository i mean the depository there and the actual class is not matching . <br><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Any other suggestions .&nbsp;&nbsp;The error code it gives is 10101<br><br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back