Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My computer crashes randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesink

Instructor
Aug 15, 2004
US
This is a homemade computer. It has XP Pro. I have had problems with the CD Drive from the beginning and now it crashes randomly, ussually when trying to run something from a CD or trying to access my server. AFter installation of OS, I had trouble installing Office 2000 - getting an 1305 error (CD cache size). Couldn't resolve the issue and put another CD Drive in and everything worked OK. Thru time the machine began crashing with more frequency. I could find no hardware conflicts or problems so I reinstalled XP. It worked fine until I connected back up to the server. The first time I tried to install software from a CD it immediately crashed.
Thanks for Any suggestions.

start with looking at your event viewer, this may help you find the root cause of the crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back