Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My components are not maximised along with the form 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzo

Programmer
May 12, 2000
US
When my users click the maximise button they say that the form background becomes full size but the components are still the original size, occupying only the top left corner of the screen. I know I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find anything in the help files about it.

Use components property Align or property Anchors.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Vladimir.

Set 'align' property (in the object inspector) of all the components that are children of the form to 'alclient'.

If you would like to reallocate your components within a form everytime it is resized, you could also try to write an OnResize event for the form. That could, for example, try to find the most evenly distributed positions for the components, according to the height and width of the form. That might enhance the user-friendly response of your program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back