Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My company is reengaging as an Avaya Business Partner... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshaheen

Vendor
Apr 22, 2001
US
After several years of a hiatus, we are once again becoming an Avaya Business Partner. Any of you Business Partners out there have any comments, good, bad or otherwise?
We have been an NEC dealer for the past 8 years (sv9100) its not a bad system, but their apps just don't work. Also, it maxes out at like 800 users, and we wanted to have something a little larger in our portfolio.
Also, in our area, we still seem to sell a lot of digital systems, so we also wanted a system that can support digital, IP and analog. Not a ton of choices out there anymore.
Thanks!

hello gshaheen

Avaya has not changed much, they still make things more complicated than they have to when you order stuff ...

The new version 11.1 is only running VmPro on Linux boxes so if you have had some experience with the old UCM then it is similar.
I am not a big fan of 11.1 and there is nothing in it for IP500v2 customers that I would say anyone really wants or are a must have so I stay with mostly 11.0.4.7 except if a customer insists on 11.1

Digital phones are 9504 and 9508 so not a big assortment but they work. Hardware has updated to IP500V2A which only works on 11.1 so if you get new hardware you have to go 11.1 and Linux apps server as vmpro but you can run it on a Windows Hyper-V server or in a customers virtual environment, so not as big a deal.

Welcome back

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

If you give more information you will get better answers. If you only give bits and pieces then you will get the same back and maybe not fitting your problem.

My company recently became an Avaya Business Partner.
Once you get past all the onboarding it's fine.
My company is primarily IP office Small to Midsize but we also took on Avaya Cloud Office as an alternative product.
I purchased a year contract for demo purposes. It has it's place for some customers. Something to consider.

I am not a big fan of 11.1 and there is nothing in it for IP500v2 customers" - If you've outside North America, have a serious look at the IP Office subscription mode. Its a nice half-way house between cloudy bits but with on-premise kit.

For those who didn't spot the change, Avaya now allows IP Office subscription even if the country offers ACO (except for NA).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Yes, we are also going to try Cloud Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back