Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My CallPilot "Server unavailable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

elturko

Technical User
Feb 23, 2003
US
We've recently starting having trouble with My CallPilot. Probably two or three times a week, when users try to log in to My CallPilot (the web-based interface for desktop messaging), they get an error:

"Server unavailable (not enough system resources)"

My CallPilot is running on a separate web server, not the actual CallPilot server, which is how we've always had it set up. When this happens, neither server appears to be overutilized as far as processor, available memory, network, etc. All other services on both servers also seem to be working fine when this happens.

I've found that restarting the RPC Locator Service on the CallPilot server seems to resolve the issue. Restarting that service also causes the CallPilot AOS, Time, SLEE, Notification, MTA, LDAP, and IMA services to restart as well. (We had been rebooting the entire CallPilot server, but that takes about 15 minutes and our front desk gets flooded with calls when CP is down -- even when we ask people NOT to dial into their voice mail!)

The only change that has been made recently was an upgrade from Symantec AntiVirus 9.x to 10.x, both of which are on Nortel's approved list of AV software. SAV was installed according to the technical bulletin which should be exactly the same way 9.x was configured as well.

I'm curious if anyone else is running with a similar setup to ours (CallPilot 201i running 4.04 software, SAV 10.x) and whether or not you're having any trouble.

My next step will be to remove SAV 10.x and go back to 9.x, although I'm trying to avoid that as there are some security vulnerabilities in the older version of SAV.

Thanks,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back