Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My CallPilot - "E-Mail Keycode Requirement" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdoctor

Technical User
Dec 1, 2004
CA
Does access to an external IMAP server from "My CallPilot' require a different keycode feature other than "DeskTop Messaging" ? I have installed DeskTop Messaging (Novell Groupwise) and it works fine as does getting voice mail messages utilizing "My CallPilot". When I try to access the IMAP Server for e-mail msgs from "My CallPilot" I receive a Groupwise "authentication error". I will try to put a sniffer to see if I am sending name and password to the IMAP server, however thought I should ask before I go completely nuts. The only key code feature I have activated is "Desktop Messaging" on the CP 3.03.06 platform

As always any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated....

TGD

Well I fell like a DUFFUS! and I hope everyone got to chuckle at my stupidity (LOL)

The issue I had getting messages from an external EMail server within "My CallPilot" turned out to be a Groupwise issue after all.
As it turns out the only feature keycode required is "DeskTop Messaging" however after reading and experimenting for a few days with no success I thought I was going crazy thus the DUFFUS question.

TGD

The only stupid question is one that goes unasked. Sorry we did not have an answer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back