Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MY CallPilot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidw07

Technical User
Dec 6, 2006
US
I installed My Callpilot 04.04.04.10 on a windows 2003 server running IIS. I noticed durning the install it did not see any websites running. I was able to get it installed and created a new website in IIS for the Mycallpilot. When I login now I get a page could not be displayed. It looks like its trying to redirect to //in/common/feature.asp. It appaers the host name is missing. If I click the back button twice I can log in again and click the Callpilot Messages tab and get to the messages screen. Everything else works fine from this point on. Is there somewhere I can add the host name into the registry or config file so I can correct this error? We have tried removing the software from the server and reinstalling it but we still have the same problem.

Thank you,
David

davidw07...you might want to get mycallpilot4040432.zip
this is new version that will work for you.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Cool I will contact my phone vender to get the newer version and give that a try.
Thanks for your help.

David

I thought I would post the fix that worekd for us. We did get the newer version of callpilot 4040432. WE still had problems with the first page that loads after loggin in. It is the Useful Inforamtion page. Here is what our network eng found out and what he did to correct the issue.

IIS 5 uses Incremental Site IDs and IIS6 by default does not. This means that the Web Site ID in IIS 5 will be 1, 2, etc. whereas IIS 6 it will be a random number for each site. MyCallPilot appears to be looking for Site IDs lower than 10.

I had to set the new Site, mycallpilot to Site ID 1, reinstall and then create the virtual directory (this is important also.) I setup a redirect page and set that as the home directory for the upper level site and that redirects to:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back