Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Call PIlot

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver60

Technical User
Nov 3, 2003
US
When users are trying to log in to MY Call Pilot it is
giving, Invalid Credentials Please Check Your sattings and
try again.

Opt 61c 25.40
Call Pilot 2.01

NOT FIRMILAR WITH 2.01 PROMPTS, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE LOCKED OUT`. CHECK TO SEE IF THIS IS THE CASE, CHECK THERE SECURITY IN THERE PROFILE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I'm not sure what you mean? It is not a problem to log in
from the phone but you can't get there from the web.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT CLIENT OR GETTING IN TO GET THERE VOICEMAILS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

check the config of that particular user and see if its My Call Pilot access is Check.

go to CP Manager > User > User Search > .....

Yes it is checked. I even built a mailbox to try to get this to work. I have 20 seats of unified messaging and
that is who I am trying to give My Call Pilot to.

check the mailbox class,

Make sure in the keycoded features you have "desktop and web messaging ticked"

you might want to create a new mailbox class called unified messaging and setup the feature there

That just what I did. and it still says (Invalid Credentials Please Check Your sattings and
try again.)

Is this a multi site install of Callpilot using NMS ?

If it is you will need to setup the smtp/vpim settings (least you do to use the outlook part of unified messaging)

This is a single site. One switch and one voice maik

I think you may have the wrong smtp/vpim prefix . Does your desktop messaging work ? when installing the client put the first 7 digits of your did's example 1-222-564

-regards

Does anyone have any other suggestions for this post. I am having the same problem. First time installing My Callpilot. All user classes OK. Just getting INVALID CREDENTIALS.

I had the same problem just last week. All I did was click on configure and then clicked restore defaults and restarted IE and it worked just fine.

I have the same problem...any resolution....i tried restoring the configuration in my call pilot to the default settings and I still recieve the "invalid credentials"

Had the same problem it was the STMP/VPIM, make sure that you only have your phone prefix in there 1NPANXX on CallPilot (it's under Messaging->Message Network Configurations -> Prime Locations Proberties), and make sure that you have that same STMP/VPIM is setup in MY CallPilot the same, if you click on the config at the main login on My CallPilot your setting should be like this.

CallPilot Server (Name or IP Address): CPServerName.Yourdomain.COM

SMTP/VPIM Prefix: 1NPANXX (eg 1203555)

LDAP Fully-Qualified Domain Name: CPServerName.YourDomain.Com

LDAP Server Port Number: 389

LDAP Search Base: dc=YourDomain,dc=com

After that everything should work fine, My CallPilot uses the SMTP/VPIM and appends your Mailbox number to that to login, it then removes the same vale specified in CP to verify you, so if they don't match you don't log in.

look at the error table on the pilot server, is ti refusing the connection? go to cmd on the pc and try to ping the yourdomain.com.. that was my problem on an early install, the dns server was not in my route for the users ie.. couldn't get a name to ip. desktop sees this as lask of permission, never did give me a bad path error...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for all of the feedback...We finally got it working. In the CDP entries we had to enter our VPIM for digits 1-9...example:

1702NXX1
1702NXX2
1702NXX3..etc

However, our Mail Adminstator was having problems with the Groupwise Mail System and we had to roll back unifed messaging so that they could troubleshoot the GW system.

Doesn't Call Pilot only use the Mail Application (Server) as a relay agent???? Any feedback is welcome. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back