Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My backend blew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapew0rm

Technical User
Jan 25, 2002
US
No I didn't eat to many burritos.... I have a DB with a front end and a back end. The front end is MDE and the back end with the tables is a MDB. It's is used by up to five people at once and works like a charm when I first set it up. But by the time i get in the next morning it's either moving at a snails pace or has crashed all together. Also the backend will blow up from 794k to 25mb. Please help me!!! I need virtual access gas-x i think....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I am willing to mow your lawn if you can help.

Thanks,
Tapew0rm

I' m not so skilled i must admit, but....
maybe it could be usefull to you to make all of your mdb/mde "compact on closing"?

(i have the italian version of access and this option has been translated in "compatta alla chiusura", i think that the original english is "compact on closing")
you can find this option in the "tools"-menu (in italian = "strumenti" )-->"options" in the "general tab"
excuse me if my answer too ingenuous.... that's all i can immagine with my little knowledge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back