Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Amature Problem Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKSinAZ

MIS
Mar 20, 2006
US
I know this is long winded, but please assist.

I have one large 120gb hd which is partitioned into C & D.
It Had Windows XP Pro SP 2 so windows can see the entire hd. I stored all my family photos and lots of MP3 files on D. There were several hundred files.

Yesterday I had planned to format C partition due to some unrelated issues. I went into the windows backup program and created a backup and then copied them to D. At that time, I did not look at d to see if my backup over wrote the photos and mp3s.

After I reformated C and reinstall Windows XP Pro w/sp2, I went to look at D and all my files were gone. The back up was there.

MY PROBLEM: I used easydatarecovery to attempt to get my files back. easydatarecovery found the 'existing' backup and some other deleted files, but not my photos and music files. The files that it did find seem to have lines drawn thru them. There were a few photos found That I purposley deleted but easydatarecovery shows them with bogus file names and some weird extentions. EXAPMPLE: a file previously named boat.jpg will be renamed as A0012345.jpg.something.
Some, but not all of these files can not be viewed. None of my mp3s have been recovered.

What am I doing wrong?

Ooopps I meant to say I used ontrack easyrecovery, not easydatarecovery

Have you ever tried those below?
Acronis Recovery Expert
Final Recovery
Get Data Back (has both FAT and NTFS versions)
PC Inspector Smart Recovery

---
Protosky Technologies
Data and Telecommunications
www.protosky.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back