Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MY ADIC FASTOR WILL NOT ROTATE TO THE NEXT AVAILABLE BLANK TAPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

torri

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2000
US
Prior to version 7.3, my backup exec system would rotate to another blank tape once one was full. I have a six slot unit. I upgraded to version 7.3 and now once a backup is running and the tape gets full during the backup, it goes into a pending mode and I recieve a message "Please insert overwrittable media into changer using the import command" I run 4 backups each night after hours. So when I arrive in the morning I find all my jobs in a pending mode. The only way I can get around this problem is to abort the current job and then the next job will grab the next available tape. I have my MEDIA OVERWRITE set to PARTIAL and the OVERWRITE OPTION is set to RECYCLABLE MEDIA. Again I say that I did not have this problem prior to version 7.3. The system would always rotate to the next available tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back