Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Access database works fine for me but for my client. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cachelot

Programmer
Jan 30, 2001
CA
Hi guys & girls,

I developped an Access 2000 inventory system for a client, and when I run it on my computer it works fine. However, when my client runs it on some of his computers, some of the code does work properly. For example on a click event of a button, I get the right responce, but my client gets a totally opposite responce. We both run Access 2000. Has any one ran into such a problem or can anybody help me.

I need help A.S.A.P.

Thanks in advance.

In general, such a behaviour is due to a problem with the references = different libraries. If your frontend is a MDB you can check the references status on the computers that do not work properly.
Good luck!

F.

Hi Cachelot,
Quick addition to Francescina's point: sometimes, even if you appear to have the same libraries set up, you might want to still try the following on your client's computer:

Select a library at random and check it (pick one that isn't already checked).
Then unselect it.

Sounds weird, but sometimes it works! See for explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back