Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My 5330e set tells me that I have bad lan conection or cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbshannon

Programmer
Oct 23, 2012
US
I have to remote phones a 5312 and a 5330e the 5312 works and connects fine all over but hard to work with dure to display size and buttons. My 5330e at first used POE injector for power and the phone always said bad lan or cable. The 5312 would work fine off same setup. I now have a POE switch and the same thing.
Am I overlooking something with this 5330e phone? Ive changed settings and tried allot of different things. Or is it the phone broken?
Any help appreciated I would rather use the better phone

i have had this happen before and had to swap the phone out.
good luck

I've encountered this several times. Changed the cable and/or reset the device to default (booting device hold down #). Most of the time this seemed to solve my issues.

Don't confuse DTMF with DTF. They have very different meanings....

I have seen this being the cable as it says. The 5330e being a higher end set the infrastructure for the 5312 is not as picky as for the 5330e, 5340e, etc. Change all infrastructure (patch cords, cable) and try again.

The 5330e will also have higher power needs so you have to make sure the poe switch is set to provide that level of power.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back