Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My 2.00 Gh. Processor Runs Slower !! 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderlou

MIS
Jul 23, 2004
PT
My 2.00 Gh. Processor Runs Slower !!

Hi....can anybody help me on few tips...in order to keep my engine runnig perfectly....?
It just started to crash now and then...and progressively more often theese days! !!
It's a 2.Gh..processor Celeron
GForce 400 (64mb)Graphic Card
Sound Blaster Live! Drive II....
60 Gb.Hard Disk...

What shall I do ...to tell Windows not to forget the Primary and important Definitions ? Because I think that's the problem....i have the proper Drivers for everything ( I guess ) ...but Windows does not save it as permanent.....and Conflicts appear....so It Crashes !!
I really want to push it to the limit, when it comes to sound /recording instruments, midi controls/Reason/Cubase...etc ......and Video Editing too....not too much GAMES.....

Any tip ?

Go into safe mode. Access "Device Manager". Find the multiple entries (ghosts) and delete ALL multiple entries (save the "mouse" for last, you'll have to use alt f4 to reboot). Reboot and install the proper drivers. the computer will recognize most of them.

forum760

forum779

It doesn't seem like a hardware issue. Before you troubleshoot that, eliminate software and Operating System first.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Hola, Yes I agree with Xemus and Cdogg...

For spyware/adware use: Spybot Search and Destroy v1.3 RC5 or above, Ad-Aware 6.181 and HiJackThis! (all are free to use and should be used together)...

For AntiVirus: I use AntiVir 6.26 (free to personal use) and for Trojans I use MooSoft's The Cleaner 3.5 (Costs but very effective)...

do a google search for them, as the links I have are for German Speaking/Reading only... Sorry...

Ben

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back