Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mx-one 5.0 lic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajeshS

Technical User
Jul 22, 2012
IN
hi guys

could anybody tell me how to generate the hardware id of server for ordering license in v5.0...wat is the script to execute..?

BR

sajesh

As I know the hardware id of the PBX for license generation is the ETH0 MAC address which you could find with command ifconfig in linux prompt.

just to add... I guess they have included a command [license_status -s] to print the hardware ID.

hi

these all are valid upto v4.1 , aastra has changed licensing procedures in v5....we have to to execute some scripts then it will show the hardware id on which lic should be ordered ( i read these things in cpi) ... but i dont knw wat is that script and where to execute....[blush]

br

sajesh

Here you see a copy from the aastra-document:
- License is tied to Server 1 as before
- A new way of license binding has been implemented
- Creation of the HW fingerprint is different with MX ONE 5.0 compared to former versions
- ”license_status –s” shows different HW IDs for 5.0 compared to former Versions
- No problems will appear with new installations
- A new fingerprint has to be taken before upgrade to 5.0

1) Upload the file Hardware ID to the server which is to become the Server 1 from a MX-ONE 5.0 System e g. to /home/eri_sn_admin
2) Change the file property to ‘execution rights’ for the relevant user
3) Execute the file such as ./HardwareID
4) Note the shown Hardware ID and use this ID for ordering a MX-ONE 5.0 license
5) Further license handling is done as before
6) Once the system is upgraded to MX-ONE 5.0 the result of ./HardwareID and “license_status –p”will show the same result again.

thanx lalrl

from wer i can get Hardware ID file...wil i get it by browsing recovery dvd ? and could pls mention the command for execution of the file ?

br

sajesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back