Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MX-ONE 4.1 SP2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

samven

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
GB
We have an MX-ONE 4.1 SP2 with DPNSS links to another telephone system, there is a shared dial plan between the two, can the MX-ONE 4.1 SP2 route a call to the other system by simply dialling the 6 digit extension number? i.e. If I have extn 671234 on the MX-ONE 4.1 SP2 and extn 671235 on the other

Probably worth posting this on the MD110 forum rather than general.

I had a 3 site network with a shared extension number range using DPNSS links between 2 MD110's and avaya system. So it is doable.

You can set the extensions for a site up as external destinations pointing to the appropriate route for the other site. The only problem with this is you end up with a very scrappy extension and external destination table. Also if they move and take numbers from site to site you have to then re-prog the routing on both switches.

The alternative is to set up a route code for each site. So you have 9 for an outside line and another digit for the inter-site link. This works quite well and is far less hassle when people move. It also allows you to have the same number existing on both sites.

The only problem with the 2nd method comes depending on how the calls are delivered. If all inbound traffic comes into one site and needs re-routing through the link then you can't have a duplicate range and will need to set up each extension as an external destination again.

I advise splitting the number range, half on each site and set up an external destination number range and don't let them move numbers between sites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
umm,it IS supposed to do that, right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back