Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mx fatal error when publishing .dcr

Status
Not open for further replies.

haffej

Programmer
May 2, 2004
US
i created a puzzle game like 1-player tetris attack for the snes. it uses puppet sprites for the blocks and may have up to 960 blocks at one time. i use an external text file for the high scores list. the game works fine in director mx, and i was able to create a projector that works.

however, i want to publish a web version, but when i try to do that, when it tries to compact the .dcr i get a fatal error, then director tells me it's completely out of memory and i have to choose to either save and exit or exit immediately. i've tried re-saving as a different file and publishing, publishing on another system, and removing the fileIO extra that i needed for the projector...

any ideas? script that could cause this problem? any help's much appreciated!

One suggestion: make a copy of .dir file and set "the safePlayer = 1" (Shockwave mode) then play the movie to see if it plays OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back