Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MX and AS/400 Data Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFELSETHEN

Programmer
May 1, 2002
US
Howdy,
Does anyone know if MX can directly get into AS/400 Data Areas without using Java Toolbox or some other method?

I have a project coming up that I need to get into the Data Area and just doing some up-front digging.

Thanks,
John

John Nyhart

I haven't attempted to access an AS/400 using ColdFusion since the shop I'm at now doesn't use that backend, but I did access an AS/400 via ASP at my old shop. I know that in that realm there was no way to access the data in an AS/400 data area directly (via OLEDB, ODBC, or anything like that). That being the case, unless Macromedia has some sort of special relationship with IBM that I'm unaware of I'm going to say that it is most likely the same with MX. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hmmmm ... your fired! <just kidding>
Well I thought that it could be done for MX server is based on Java and not C which all previous versions of CF.
I see that I could get the Data Area through the Toolbox with Java. I also have heard that the new MX server will let me see return values from a SP. If this is true then I could use a CL. Just thoughts ...... John

John Nyhart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back