Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.mwmrc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracee

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
US
If the .mwmrc file is not in the users home directory, where do they get the .mwmrc file from? Is there a default location for the file?

T.

Below is what some doc at IBM ( says. I found system.mwmrc in /usr/lib/X11. You use that file to create .mwmrc in the home directory.

If the configFile resource is not specified or if that file does not exist, the mwm command uses several default paths to find a configuration file. If the LANG environment variable is set, the mwm command looks for the configuration file first in the $HOME/$LANG/.mwmrc file. If that file does not exist or if the LANG environment variable is not set, the mwm command looks for the $HOME/.mwmrc file. If the $HOME/.mwmrc file does not exist and if the LANG environment variable is set, the mwm command next looks for the /usr/lib/X11/$LANG/system.mwmrc file. If the /usr/lib/X11/$LANG/system.mwmrc file does not exist or if the LANG environment variable is not set, the mwm command looks for /usr/lib/X11/system.mwmrc.

Thanks for the info, I will check to see if any of those files exist and I will also check out the website as well.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back