Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWL will not update after sys reconfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuklhead

Vendor
Oct 4, 2004
US
I have a Merlin Legend 7.0 with Merlin Messaging 4.0. We needed more digital telephones so we took out 2 -012 TR and installed 2 016 MLX. Realizing we were beyond the 200 port mark and could no longer assign extensions, we swapped an 008MLX for the 016MLX and renumberd the boards etc. Checked all the calling groups and coverage groups etc. The MWL will not update. The ports are set to rotary... all 12 of them. here is the card config. Slot 00 Processor 01 408 MLX, 02 408 MLX, 03 408 MLX, 04 016 MLX, 05 016 MLX,06 DS1,07 012 TR, 08 408 MLX, 09 408 MLX,10 016 MLX, 11 016 MLX, 12 016 MLX, 13 016MLX, 14 016MLX, 15 016 MLX, 16 008MLX, Mer Mes 4.0 12 port. Are we needing TTr's? or what? I checked my print out from 2010 and all looks identical with the exception of the missing TTr's. Any help is appreciated.

You only have 6 TTR's (4 in 012 T/R, and 2 in Messaging) so that could definitely be a problem.
You can check the error log for TTR issues.
If you don't need all the digital extensions, you could replace one of the 012's in its original slot, and replace other 008MLX with the 016MLX, that would give you a total of 10 TTR's still low, but better.

But did you account for the extension number shift ?
Every extension(including Messaging) after the swapped board changed.
To find out what extensions are assigned to messaging go into maintenance ports, extensions, for extension number, enter *1701
then hit status.

When Linux is Free and Open, who needs Windows or Gates?

Yes, everything has been moved up 8 ports and all calling groups etc renumbered. I used maintenance to check the actual logical id and renumbered extension. Some are in the 7XXX range and some are in 5XXX range for whatever reason. It is irrellevant to this issue as it was working in the exact configuration. I did set the time in the VM and the message light did operate properly for me this morning. I printed out the error log and had only 1 instance of "all ttr's unavailable" That was at 3:59:59...no surprise there. The error that is prevailent is "SLOT STREAM CNT EXCEEDED". Anyone know what this means? It has occurred on every slot in the system except 00 which has "Invailid Slot Interrupt". We will do another print out at noon to check the errors again.

SLOT STREAM CNT EXCEEDED:

"Slot has generated excessive
interrupts.
or
The system was powered down
incorrectly, e.g. carrier 2 was powered
down before carrier 1. If errors exist
because of the improper power-down,
then no action is required."

INVALID SLOT INTERRUPT:

"Cannot determine module responsible
for generating the interrupt.
or
The system was powered down
incorrectly, e.g. carrier 2 was powered
down before carrier 1. If errors exist
because of the improper power-down,
then no action is required."

Are you powering down (and up) correctly?
The correct way is
power down left to right,
and power up right to left

Try powering down, then reseating ALL the boards (including processor), if that doesn't fix it, replace the "new "016MLX" with your spare.

That is the problem, I had the customer reboot the system. The time adjustment in the VM to the correct system time seems to have corrected the MWL lamp issue. We wil check the error logs again in the morning. Thanks for the responses.

If you want, Merlin Messaging can be set to follow Magix time, then you only need to worry about the one setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back