Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWL on Single-line Telephones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidelinesammy

Vendor
Jan 11, 2012
US
Is there a way that the Merlin Magix 3.0 will light a message waiting light on a single-line extension? Currently we have stutter dial tone on the intercom to alert user of a new voicemail message. I know this is probably basic stuff, but can't seem to find the fix in the manuals or from searching this forum. Thanks.

They are currently using industry standard 2554 single-line tels. but considering replacing a lot of them with the Aastra M8004 single-line feature phone. So, can it be done with either of these phones, if not what analog phone will it work with?

Hey MerlinMan......will the Merlin Magix light the message waiting indicator on the Avaya 6211 analog phone?

I am not sure I have any kind of list of what Phones are compatible, but I can say that I built a VERY BRIGHT Message Light by tapping onto the MWL of an 8110 Telephone out of BIG LEDS I got from Radio Shack. Thus, it must be that an LED is required, not the "traditional" MWL.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

merlin will light most led type mw indicators. stay away from beehive/neon mw indicators. an led mwi adjunct may be what you're looking for. google lm-1a ( el m-one a)

The Merlin Magix will light the MWL on Avaya 62xx series phones. In general, the MWL on consumer telephones will not work with the Merlin. AT&T/Lucent/Avaya commercial/business telephones will work with Merlin & Partner telephone systems.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Thanks Dexman....that's kind of the conclusion that I had come to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back