Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI stays lit after messages sent to INBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwalters

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2013
US
Using AVAYA Desktop Messaging 5.0 with eliminates the whole RULE business in OUTLOOK. It provides an option to keep messages in a separate folder or combine them with the main INBOX. These messages can then be sent onto mobile devices I have two issues. Using the option to send all messages to the main INBOX on OUTLOOK.

1) It seems like OUTLOOK must be kept running all the time for the messages to be moved to the main INBOX. Is this correct

2) MWI light stays on even after messages are properly delivered and even after they are deleted from OUTLOOK. I thought once they were delivered they would be moved to OLD and if deleted they would be deleted from the MB.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1) Yes that is correct
2) Yes that is correct also, there is no sync between the CallPilot and exchange in a basic configuration.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

I thought that the MWI light on the T7316e would go out and that the messages would be marked as OLD. I have no problem with this as I can set up a COS to delete OLD messages after X days as to not fill up the MB. The light is still staying on. Anyway to mark the messages as READ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back