Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI over QSIG not working for non-PDNs on CS1K phones since Unity Connection upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecorn

Programmer
Apr 25, 2014
CA
Hi,

We recently upgraded from Unity Connection 7.1.3 to 10.5. Since then MWIs no longer work on Avaya but only for non-PDNs. I've tried setting LMPX on a test phone (I don't know how they worked without it before) but that didn't change anything. If a new message is in the mailbox and the MWI is off, as soon as the non-PDN is moved to key 0 the MWI lights immediately. Our architecture is as follows:

PSTN PRI <---> CS1K <---QSIG PRI---> CUCM 10.5 & CUC 10.5

Days before the upgrade we migrated to new QSIG gateways too, unfortunately the issue wasn't reported until a few days after the CUC upgrade so it is possible that the QSIG gateway work could be the culprit, although if it were I would expect all or nothing from the MWI.

Any ideas?
Thx,
Mike

Disregard, Cisco overlooked something pretty big when working with me on the issue, it was only a coincidence that so far only non-PDN users have reported the problem, it's affecting a lot more. I have the fix, just a metter of changing all the voice mail boxes that are set up wrong (wrong MWI extension, should be 4 digits, not 10).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back