Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI not working on 1 extension on IPO 9.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkoby

Vendor
Apr 14, 2015
US
Ok so I have a customer with all digital extensions on an IP500v2 release 9.0.1 ONE user is not getting an MWI. They're using Voicemail to email and it's set to "copy" not "forward".
Here's what I've tried so far:
1. Tried a different phone.
2. Deleted the profile and rebuilt it. Same issue. Oddly enough after this the user's recorded name and greeting came back.
3. Built short codes for turning MWI on and off. Had user delete messages, then dial *91*223#. This did not turn on the MWI but gave two beeps and the display said "number?"
4. Rebooted system and tried leaving test message. Same result.
5. Deleted test message and tried *91*223# again. No change
6. Hot-desked 223 to another extension. No change. Can leave message but no MWI
7. Changed users extension to 221. Her greeting and recorded name followed to this exension! No MWI still.

Nothing is mentioned about this in any of the release notes of 9.0.2, 9.03, etc so I don't want to upgrade them and have it not fix the problem.
Any ideas out there?

Possibly duplicate user name? Is this VM Pro or embedded?

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

try to rename the ext and test it, change the name field not the full name field this is what is used by the VM for the account.
Mike

It's embedded voice mail, yes. No duplicate user and I did try to rename the extension. All it did was want the user to record the "recorded name" to set up the VMbox every time they logged and and STILL no MWI.

It doesn't like something about that user, turn VM to email off and test :)

if the above sugestions dont work recreate the SD Card usingt he LATEST maint release

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

So we actually discovered that the customer had meant to say that the "message button" isn't lighting up. The MWI on the top right of the phone was fine. Do the message buttons light up on the 1400 series? I didn't think that they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back