Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI light stuck on HiPath 4000 v. 1 and Xpressions 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvatwork

MIS
Dec 4, 2013
US
Been having this issue for some time. On occasion, some stations lose sync with the MWI and whether there are messages in Xpressions. In these cases, there is no message waiting, but the light stays on. Sending a new message and listening/deleting it does not reset the light.

Is there a way to reset the light in our configuration? If so, can you be as specific as possible on how to do this. So far, the only way I've managed to reset these things is to completely remove the station and vm box configurations and recreate.

Thanks,

Tony

Yeah.... And I have to look it up every time I do it because it's not the same as 9006.

Try * 5 2, but I don't think that is it. If you know the system, look in WABE for the MWICAN code - you may only be able to dial the code from analog extension.

*52 would cancel the MWI at the station it was entered from in the Rolm 9751.

I'm basically a novice with zero documentation. Can you be more specific about how to accomplish this? Or, give me information that I can pass on to our tech from Black Box?

Thanks,

Tony

In addition to trying the * 5 2 (message waiting cancel), you could also try * 5 3 0 (mailbox off). Those are the two commands that show up in my V5 system.

How is the Xpressions connected to the telephone system?

Try signing off/on the phone using cha-dssu:signoff,STNO and cha-dssu:signon,STNO,PEN.
Use dis-sbcsu first so you know what pen to sign back on to.

Do you know how the Xpr is connected (is it ISDN or IP)
also can you log on and
REG-RICHT:pM;

In the 9006 DEA-SUBFT would deactivate a MWI light along with the interrupted dial tone.

Yeah... In my dreams!! I have found no such beast on the 4000. I use that on 9006 all the time!

I've got Xpressions V6, and have just started having this problem. Here's how I clear the MWI led when stuck, hopefully it works for you.

After logging into Xpressions as the Administrator, sort the list to get to the user with the MWI that's lit. (exp: Use the "Filter user list by:" dropdown list to "Voice mailbox number", and enter the number in the "Find" box below that.)

Once you have the correct mailbox "User ID:" listed, select the checkbox to the left of the user. In the top drop down list, select either "Clear MWI status" (which turns it of whether it still has a message or not) or "Update MWI status" which will clear it if there are no messages.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for!

Ah, sorry. I missed that you were on V3. Hopefully it's somewhat close to the info I posted.

I'm not sure whether the Xpressions is IP or ISDN connected. There are three boards installed in the server, which are Eicon Diva Server 4BRI-8M 2.0 PCI boards.

Ran the command:

<REG-RICHT:pM;
REG-RICHT:pM;
H500: AMO RICHT STARTED
ADD-RICHT:pM,1,,,4695,
"",XPRESION;

AMO-RICHT-111 TRUNK ROUTING
REGENERATE COMPLETED;
<

Ok, now where do I proceed from here? None of the station commands work to reset the MWI light.

Tony

If RICHT PM is set to 1
then in the SCSU and SBCSU you have to set PMIDX=1 for the MWI to work.
Older versions of software you can only set the SBCSU and not the SCSU for PMIDX

Move the phone to another pen and then back .. that should clear it

Had the same issue with when upgraded the from XPRv5 to XPRv6
I had to regen the user extension, delete it and recreate it:

reg-sbcsu:xxx;
REG-TAPRO:STN,xxx;
REG-ZIEL:FWD,xxx;
REGENERATE-ZIEL:TYPE=SPDI,SRCNO=xxx;
REG-ZIEL:DSS,xxx;
REG-ZIEL:NAME,xxx;
REG-ZIEL:SPDI,xxx;
reg-actda:stn,xxx;
reg-persi:stn,xxx;
reg-sdat:xxx;
REGENERATE-AUN:TYPE=STN,STNO=xxx;
REGENERATE-KCSU:STNO=xxx,TYPE=PRIM;
REGENERATE-KCSU:STNO=xxx,TYPE=SEC;

### Do not forget to check for Hunt Group

DISPLAY-SA:STNO=xxx;
reg-sa:xxx

if you have a DTB server, sometimes it is just a callback requested and needs to be deleted from the incoming call logging list.

Move the phone to a vacant pen and then back, that will take care of it.

Just to throw out one more thing that may or may not work, you could try going to an ANALOG phone and dialing *530 XXXX # where XXXX is the extension of the phone with the light on, and see if that makes it go out.... If you have an analog phone in your switchroom, use that one - it might be a better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back