Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI for Hunt Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDCeg

Technical User
Mar 29, 2010
GB
Hi

I was wondering if you could help (provide dummies guide!) with the following setup as i just cannot get it to work.

We have an 3300 Platform which i need to be able to setup voicemail for several hunt groups and also associate a MWI button on each persons phone in that group.

I cannot add a MWI via Multiline assignment as i get ""the directory number is in use elsewhere"

I found the following post but im not sure what i need to create where:
Basically i have a mixture of hunt groups and ring groups, i tried setting up a NameTag HG and a voicemail box for it, and setting a ring groups overflow as the Nametag HG number however it doesnt divert and if i ring that Nametag HG it just says out of service.

Apologies if im missing something obvious, the Mitel system here is pretty new, but does anyone have a dummies guide as to what i need to setup in order to divert a ring/hunt group to voicemail when everyone is busy and for these people to be able to have a MWI on their phones

Thankyou in advance

My answer is assuming you have a embedded VMail. What you can do is

1. If the number is coming into the system as say 4000 you will need to speed dial 4000 to a hunt group #4000

2. Stick a PKM on a set so you have a holder for the real 4000. On the pkm create an ext 4000 as a Key system no ring

3. reroute 4000 Always to vmail

4. Create a mailbox for extn 4000.

5. Reroute #4000 Busy/RNA to VMail

6. Now you can assign your MSG Wait Indicators to the sets for hunt group 4000

Repeat for you other extns

Note the embedded voicemail does not know how to treat the # in #4000 so it assumes your calling mailbox 4000 and because you have a key for 4000 you can now have a message waiting indicator for that local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back