Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI for a strobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcwxmcw

Programmer
Mar 11, 2003
US
I have a somewhat unique customer request. Or at lease unique to me. I have a customer that is moving off of a Nortel PBX to our CCM cluster. Currently they have a phone number that rings to a central phone in a pick up group. If no one answers the phone and the caller leaves a voicemail message, the MWI triggers a strobe light to flash. Has anyone come across this before and know how to duplicate it on the Call Manager? I'm going to try and duplicate it using an ATA, but I don't know if I'm going the right direction with this.

I had a customer once who mistakenly assigned the MWI DN to a telephone and couldn't figure out why Unity kept trying to call that phone. :) I think you may be on the right track if you can get a strobe hooked up to turn on with an incoming ring. Not sure how you will turn it off though unless you use the second port on the ATA as the MWIOff port. Good Luck.

I had this same issue with our old ACD group.
I ended up just putting an inexpensive 7912 on the wall so everyone could see the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back