Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MW light for phantom extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlgjm

MIS
Aug 10, 2002
US
I saw in a previous post about setting a message waiting light for the voicemail of a phantom extension using the flexible button assignment. Basically, the post said to use program 005, enter the jack number, press the button you want to program, enter a 3 (code for message waiting), then enter the phantom extension number. Everything seems to work fine until I go to enter the phantom extension number. When I try, the phone just gives the triple beep indicating an error. I tried every way I could think of, but could not get the number in.

Here is an example:
I have defined a phantom extension 271 and built an associated VM box. I have also programmed a flexible button for this extension on flex co button 23 and it seems to work just fine. Then I entered system programming mode and keyed in the following:

005, 01, pressed flex co button 24, 3, 271

As soon as I enter the 2 for the 271, the phone beeps 3 times. Any suggestions on getting this working would be greatly appreciated. I have a kx-td1232 with TVS-220 voicemail system. Thanks much.

Do you have the phantom extension set up properly? It sounds like you dont have 2xx defined in flexible numbering as an extension block. I am suprized that it gives you an error right as you press 2, considering that 2xx is defined already for XDP extensions. (FYI, don't confuse XDP extensions with Phantom Extensions, they're not the same)

I did have some difficulty in the flexible number assignments. The manual is not very clear on what to do. Can you give a quick overview on how to do the flex numbering programming and getting the extension block right. I am not hung up on using the 2xx number as the phantom extension , so if anothe number is better that's fine. I have nothing other than standard stuff and voicemail programmed as extensions. Thanks for the reply's.

If you dial intercom-271 from a phone, does it work? If so, it is set up properly. If you cannot then assign a message waiting for it, it IS because your software does not support phantom message waiting lights for phantoms (or for XDP extensions as well, apparently).

Greetings!,

I am having the same type of problem as johnlgjm: I can't understand the manual pages about phantoms. I have done the following on a KX-TD1232-1 (rev. may be my problem but it does have prog 124).

There is no doorphone so I blanked feature 23 and used 31 for the 3rd ext block. I created a phantom 315 at location 001.

I went to assign feature button CO01 as type 'phantom' but there is no such type in the manual for prog 005. Valid button codes are 0-8 * # CO. I tried 1 for DSS but it doesn't appear to accept 315 as a valid ext. and also 9 but that is not valid.

I would greatly appreciate some help,

Happy New Year!

nickya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back