Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mvs tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

sganti

Programmer
Nov 20, 2002
HK
hello,

I would like download MVS TUTORIAL.I know how to download a file from MVS to PC. But I don't know How to download the tutorial( I mean what is the corresponding Dataset for Tutorial) Can you please help me out?

Thanks,
Srinivas

Srinivas,
This depends very much on how you are connecting your PC to MVS, and what O/S is running on both. Quite often you will find file transfer procesing in the terminal emulation software. More information is required before we can help you further.
Marc

sir,
I am on OS/390. I need the corresponding dataset for tutorial.
Thanks,
Sri

Sri,
What software are you using to get the OS/390 to display on the PC, and do you know the name of the dataset tutorial to which you refer?
Marc

Sri,

When you say the MVS TUTORIAL, do you mean the document in BOOKMANAGER on MVS? Most of those you can get from IBM on the net.

Check out (For MVS):

Often these documents are available in PDF format for download (not true in this particular list of MVS specific documents).

If the documents are not PDF or HTML, they do have a way to download and read them on your PC. I haven't done that in a couple of years but they did at that time have a reader that you could also download to read their downloaded documents while off-line.

Of course, if you want to read directly on-line you don't need their reader...

HTH

Sri,

Most tutorials will exist as executables, HTML, PDF or some sort of specially formatted files.

Downloading a tutorial from the mainframe to your PC does not mean you will be able to meaningfully use it on your machine: it may not have enough resources to handle the dataset.

Unless the tutorial is meant to reside on a PC (in which case your system admin should have the details), or the tutorial exists as a simple flat file, I don't see any use trying to download it.

Dimandja

MVS V2R10, Cobol VII R4.
I've got a multi volume file and I'd force to close a volume.
How can I close just a volume without close the entire file ?

Thanks.
Matthieu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back