Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MVS JCL abend

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachineBoy

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
US
Hi, I am trying to run a MVS JCL job and it keeps abending on a COBOL program saying No Active Module Found - I have tried to look this error up on the Internet with no success - does anybody have any suggestions?

Hi MB,

It would help to post the JCL, but off the top of my head I'd say your pgm is in a private loadlib and you don't have a JOB or STEPLIB DD stmt.

Or your pgm did not compile/link successfully.

Or the pgmname you used to compile/link is not the same pgmname you are using in the EXEC stmmt in your JCL.

Regards, Jack.

Hi MB,

I agree with slade.

Just check whether the load module of the program is available in the library specified in the Joblib/Steplib of your JCL that is executing the program. If it is not available just copy the load module and put it in the library and try again

Thanks
Karthik

hi,

there are 2 chances of getting this error:
1) u didnt compile the program or the program compiled with errors.
2) the PDS for the loadlib is pointing to the wrong location.
if u use any version controlling tool such as Endevor, make sure that the PDS for the loadlib is pointing to the correct version.

Ashok..

Hi,
If you are using tool like xpeditor, then there are 2 reasons.
1. Compile(XPED) options should be specified correctly.
2. lOADLIB not correctly contracted / Specified

Regards,
Zarina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back