Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MVC2050 on BCM50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj2506

Technical User
Jun 10, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have a customer who wants to use the MVC2050 on a BCM50. I know they are not supported on the BCM50v.1 but they do work! I have a few issues with the PDA the customer is using which is a SYMBOL MC50

When you call any other handset, you can hear really bad noise on the far end extension. I have been told that this a typical problem with PDA's and that their earpiece and microphone are to close together and that a work around is to use a Bluetooth headset in conjunction with the PDA. Can someone confirm this with me or can someone let me know what the best settings are for this type of phone i.e. Codec/ Jitter/ Audio Quality of the soft client etc...

Currently I have it set on G729 with auto jitter. And all the other settings are default.

Thanks

rj2506

Audio performance of most PDAs is marginal. A bluetooth headset has helped for me in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back