Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MVB 8.0 trunk alarm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I recently took over the duties of managing our local County government Mitel switch and Nupoint.

I actually installed the equipment 5 years ago before I retired from a local telco.

3 years ago the county swapped telcos for their maintenance and the current telco went from PRI trunks to SIP.

There has been a major on the system stating that 85% of the trunks are unavailable, which makes sense, because the 46 PRI trunk became unavailable when they T1s were turned down (plus 8 analog trunks). I got rid of one alarm by installing loopback plugs in the T1 framer.

I disabled the digital trunks hoping that would clear the alarm, but it didn't.

Will the alarm go away by deleting the digital trunks, or will I need to do additional action.

Trunks Major 54 85% >0 10% 100%

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

yeah we do this after changing from ISDN to sip ( AU)
work backwards - ars routes then card programming ( reverse of how they are programmed) and the alarm should go

you can hide them using set threshold adjustment ( maintenance command) but that doesnt survive (cant remember of its upgrades or system reset)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

To clear the alarms you'll have to work backwards as mentioned and completely de-provision the PRI circuits, all the way back to clearing the Digital Links form for the PLID's. Even after that, you may need to reboot the controller.

Thanks heaps for the info...I was afraid it might come to that...

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back