Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MUVPN Extended Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfinnemore

Technical User
Dec 13, 2000
GB

I would very gratefull for any help on getting MUVPN Extended Authentication working with shared keys.

1. I have managed to get Firebox Authentication with MUVPN working without problems.

2. I have a Firebox 700 with latest version of MUVPN client etc. & Windows 2000 Domain Controller

3. I have set up NT Authention on the Firebox

4. I have created a Extended Authentication as per Instructions.

5. I get asked for my Username & Logon but can get no futher.

6. Do I need to setup up the Extended Authentication group in Active Directory????

Many Thanks.

Yes I have the same network and encountered the same logon problem with NT but it is easily fixable.
> In the Any service, Delete all users you have added from your network.
> When adding a user to the Any service on the incoming or outgoing tabs make SURE you click >add, then click on the show users button. (even though your user list is already apparent). The show users button will authenticate with your internal server user/group list immediately, and the global groups will available. I use the show users button when adding any internal user to any service.
> Incoming from.. tab should have ipsec users and your internal user/global group you need
> Incoming to... should be to trusted, or a specific server
> Outgoing from... should be user/global internal group and ipsec users.
> Outgoing to... should be user/global internal group and ipsec users.
> When making a change to the Any service it is best to reboot.
Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Mable44

Many thanks for your help, creating a Global Group with the same name as the Authentication Group and then re-adding the group as per your instructions seem to have solved the problem. Again many thanks, I was close to tears on this one!

I do have one remaining problem though, Login Scripts? has any one managed to get them to work and if so how? As MUVPN loads only after you have logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back