Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mute Handset to Monitor Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCFlorist

Technical User
Dec 31, 2002
US
Hello - I have a Partner ACS and have just begun getting to know the system. I figured out how to diable privacy on my extensions so I can join in on a call that one of my staff is on. I was wondering if there is a way I can mute my handset so I can listen in and monitor a call without being heard?

order a noisey enviroment handset w/ a push to talk button

It would be nice if they had that feature for managers, but I don't think it exists...other than getting that handset mentioned I guess.

forget about the headset and go on speaker and use the mic/hfai button....

If he does that, though, other people would also hear the conversation and know he was listening...if he doesn't want them to know, he can't do that. I see where he's coming from. They should have a mute button like some cheaper, analog phones do that I have at home.

Well, when he is listening, the lights on the line will alternate red / green on his set and the target set. There is no secret.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But they wouldn't "hear" anything. Muting his handset without being heard is what he was asking about. Too bad they don't include that option....

Get a Melco Service Observer off e-bay. It will connect to the voice pair (Green/Red, Tip/Ring) of every extension in the system, at the blocks where the phone system is. It will also connect to a CO line. Assign that CO line to the manager, and program every other extension to have no access as well, through #302. Now the manager can pick up the CO line, dial a code, and SILENTLY listen in on the extension.

BE SURE TO INFORM ALL YOUR EMPLOYEES AND CALLERS THAT CALLS MAY BE MONITORED FOR "TRAINING" OR "QUALITY ASSURANCE" PURPOSES!

melco unit is nice but it does take a bit of wiring

I have one installed for one customer and its tied to a cordless so he can wander around and click into conversations

what you could also do is just get a extra handset and either take it apart and clip the wires to the transmiter or seal the holes over the transmiter (just spread some epoxy over the holes

the partner handsets go out fairly regularly so you might evan have one around that no longer transmits

just use this handset in when you want to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back